Our goal is to build a new kind of biopharmaceutical company; one that challenges industry norms and believes that when patients benefit, everyone benefits.
Horizon Pharma plc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, acquiring and commercializing differentiated and accessible medicines that address unmet medical needs. We market 11 medicines through our rare disease, rheumatology and primary care business units.
Founded in 2008 as a small startup with only a handful of employees and no office space to call our own, Horizon has evolved into a global biopharmaceutical company with more than $1 billion in net sales* and over 1,000 employees in less than a decade.
For the full story of our founding, join CEO Tim Walbert and some of the original Horizon team as they take us back to where it all began.
Recognized for Excellence
From day one, our focus has been clear; to put patients first and work to improve their lives. That clarity of purpose has helped us build a company and culture that has been widely recognized for innovation, growth and workplace satisfaction.
- Fortune Magazine: Best Places to Work in Chicago: (#2)
- Fortune Magazine: Best Places to Work in Healthcare (#7)
- Fortune Magazine: Best Small & Medium Sizes Places to Work: (#23)
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Best Place to Work (#12)
- Chicago Tribune: Top Medium Sized Workplaces in Chicago (#13)
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Top Workplaces for Women Over 35 (#2)
- Fortune Magazine: 100 Best Medium Workplaces (#22)
- Chicago Tribune: Top Midsized Workplaces (#6)
- Chicago Tribune: Top Small-to-Medium Sized Workplaces (#10)
*Represents non-GAAP adjusted net sales. Please see the section entitled “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” in our included Annual Report on Form 10-K for a description of this non-GAAP measure and a reconciliation of this measure to GAAP net sales.